Friday, March 5, 2010

Pressure

It was hard breaking the news to my boss that I’m leaving. And a relief, in a way.  Briefly. Ironic that by telling my boss that I’m leaving at the end of my company’s fiscal year has put more pressure on me, not less. Self imposed pressure. The worst kind. Now the pressure is all around: pressure to prove to my boss and colleagues that I don’t have short timers disease, pressure to be ultra organized for our trip, pressure to see all my friends before we depart, pressure to leave a very nice home for our renters, pressure to get in really good shape, pressure to polish my Spanish skills, pressure to learn all the new features on cameras, watches, Kindles, blogging, etc, pressure to not let anyone down.  And pressure to enjoy the moment.  Where's the vent?

2 comments:

  1. And soon that pressure will be replaced with making sure you find that little cafe recommended by the locals and getting to the beach in time to get that perfect shot of the sunrise...and sunset, getting back from that hike before it's too dark, because the batteries on the headlamp were running a little low on the last hike, finding just the right hat to block the sun, yet still look really cool. Hmmm, this is a long list, I could go on for a long time.

    ReplyDelete