Friday, March 19, 2010

Letting go of Stuff Part 2

A few days after packing our stuff and being very satisfied with the result I woke up struggling with the image of us traveling with that stuff and said to Steve, concerned about his response; "we're too heavy".  Without hesitation, he said "I agree".  So we're doing the unthinkable and reducing again.  If an item doesn't have multiple uses, it's replaced.  If there is too much of one item, it's downsized.  If' it's a nice to have, it's eliminated.  I have to ask, what have I signed up for?  Deciding to take a year to see some of the world is one thing, reducing my belongings to 1.5 small bags is something else completely!  The reality of not having my stuff is hitting me.  I may have momentary panic attacks but the excitement and wonder of our travels still outweighs leaving behind a pair of shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I'm excited for you...and a little bit jealous. It has always been my dream to travel the world. I've never thought about traveling for a year straight. I'll be curious to see how things work out on your adventure..Maybe you'll convince me and my wife to we should do the same before we ghet too much older. Looking forward to your adventures. All the best. Bob Yates

    ReplyDelete